Call me crazy...on Saturday morning I woke up a 5 am, looked out the window and saw all the trees bent over in the wind and thought, CRAP how am I going to ride 111 miles on my bike today. With a lot of encouragement from my loving husband, who said, you can do it and if you can't call me and I'll come and get you, I got in the car with Layne and Kim and headed to Thanksgiving Point. I don't know what got in to me, but I decided to ride the ULCER (Utah Lake Century Epic Ride) with these crazy friends. (pictured: Dale, Joy, me, Calli, Layne, and Kim). If you rode as a team you got to leave around 7 am, our team name was We Could Go All The Way. Let me explain that my team is way more experinced in biking then me. They had all rode more then 15 miles before they took this on, unlike me. It started at Thanksgiving Point and you make your way around Utah Lake for 111 miles. What an experience! I rode the first 50 miles with Dale pulling me along the entire way and having great conversations, to riding the last 50+ miles alone with 30 mph wind gusts and a 13 mph head wind. Let me just say it was not that enjoyable. For the last 30 miles I thought I was lost in some random neighborhood, because no one was around me. I don't know what kept me going, but somehow I finished the 111 miles on my bike and so did the rest of the team! Come to find out I wasn't last and I wasn't to far behind me team who made it in about 30 mintues before me or so. Way to go guys! Adam was so dang proud of me and I have to say I was pretty shocked and proud of myself. It was a long hard ride and I am glad that one is over.Monday, August 10, 2009
We Could Go All The Way!!!!
Call me crazy...on Saturday morning I woke up a 5 am, looked out the window and saw all the trees bent over in the wind and thought, CRAP how am I going to ride 111 miles on my bike today. With a lot of encouragement from my loving husband, who said, you can do it and if you can't call me and I'll come and get you, I got in the car with Layne and Kim and headed to Thanksgiving Point. I don't know what got in to me, but I decided to ride the ULCER (Utah Lake Century Epic Ride) with these crazy friends. (pictured: Dale, Joy, me, Calli, Layne, and Kim). If you rode as a team you got to leave around 7 am, our team name was We Could Go All The Way. Let me explain that my team is way more experinced in biking then me. They had all rode more then 15 miles before they took this on, unlike me. It started at Thanksgiving Point and you make your way around Utah Lake for 111 miles. What an experience! I rode the first 50 miles with Dale pulling me along the entire way and having great conversations, to riding the last 50+ miles alone with 30 mph wind gusts and a 13 mph head wind. Let me just say it was not that enjoyable. For the last 30 miles I thought I was lost in some random neighborhood, because no one was around me. I don't know what kept me going, but somehow I finished the 111 miles on my bike and so did the rest of the team! Come to find out I wasn't last and I wasn't to far behind me team who made it in about 30 mintues before me or so. Way to go guys! Adam was so dang proud of me and I have to say I was pretty shocked and proud of myself. It was a long hard ride and I am glad that one is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
holy wow 111 miles! YOWZA!
Good job! I HATE the wind! You are awesome!
You are awesome! My goal is a mini-tri next summer. Your family is darling. I especially love Adam's beard and decorating.
p.s. You are TEENY TINY!
So glad you guys are having such a fun summer.
Way to go Julie! That is so awesome that you rode the whole thing!!
You are amazing Julie, that is a huge accomplishment! We loved waving to you as we were driving :)
Wow seriously girl, you are AMAZING!!! Who just rides 111 miles on their bike, SHEESH!! Good job. So let's do get together okay.
Way to go! We knew you could do it!
Post a Comment