Jane's Silly Tilly from Julie Olson on Vimeo.
Jane's school has a big event that is a storytelling contest. The kids have to tell a story in their own words, memorized. When Jane told me about it I asked her if it was something she would want to do, and she said no, then a few days later came home so excited to do it. I have to admit that I didn't really want her to do it. I was nervous and afraid for her and worried about the disappointment if she didn't succeed. Then I got over it. Grandma Marcia was a ton of help and helped Jane find a story, make a poster, and condense the book so she could memorize it. Jane did such an amazing job. She had actions and everything and practiced and practiced. The day came when she had to tell the story in front of her class. The boys and I got to go watch. She was the second person to tell her story and was very nervous. She did a really good job though and I was super proud of her. The teachers then picked one child to compete in front of the school. Jane came home a little sad because she didn't win, but I was just so glad that she actually did it!
2 comments:
What a cutie. She did such an awesome job!
Good job Jane!!! I could not be more proud of you. Way to go and do something a little scary but worth it. I sure love you
Post a Comment