Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Motherhood

On sunday I had to teach Relief Society in my ward. The lesson was on the conference talk given by Elder Ballard titled, Daughters of God. I loved the talk and actually enjoyed preparing the lesson. I am terrified of teaching and have really struggled with the calling, but it sure has been such a blessing for me. I have learned so much and am striving everyday to be a better person. Anyway, the lesson was on Motherhood and the joys of being a mom and what our families can do to help out us mom's. It is so much work and everyday is so demanding and it can get old, but this talk was so inspiring to me and really made me appreciate motherhood and what we do and go through. This is a picture of my sister, Bonnie, my mom, and me. I really look up to these two as role models to me of great mothers. I don't have a picture of my mother-in-law who is also such a wonderful example to me of a great mom. Thanks so much you guys for all your examples, support, advice, and love. I really love you and appreciate you!

4 comments:

Candy said...

You look so cute! It makes me miss you and remember how much fun we used to have together. Good post, my friend taught the same lesson here. I am in YW, so I didn't hear the lesson, but she also commented on it and said how inspiring it was for her.

Amy said...

Cute pic Julie. You are such an amazing mom yourself so pat yourself on the back as well, but it looks like you have some awesome people to follow after. Good job on teaching, that calling would scare me to death!

Ashlee said...

Julie! Hey Lindsay told me she ran into you and said hello!!! It's so fun to see pictures of your cute little family! It's fun to catch up, I think the last time I saw you was at my wedding, you just had your little girl then! Your kids are adorable and your little guys look like Travis as I remember him as a little boy!!! I bet you are such a great Relief Society teacher, I too loved that lesson and talk! E-mail me and I'll invite you to my blog...ashleeb@yahoo.com

BriemTeam said...

I think your a terrific mom and everyday am amazed at how you juggle all three of your kids. Your always so calm and never seem like you've had it, (which I know I do the majority of the time). Your patience and love for your kids is a constant reminder to me of what qualities a good mom possesses. Love Ya!