
I hate spiders. I have had to learn to kill them myself, because Adam isn't here most of the time to do it. I had a guy come over to give us a bid on doing some siding for our house, I left him to measure and stuff outside while I ran Jane to preschool. Upon my arrival back home I see the guy standing out in the road with wasp spray. I new I had a few wasp nests, but had just recently sprayed them. I got out of the van to the guy telling me he just saw 3 Hobo spiders in my carport. He had huge boots on, but didn't step on any of them. He tried to spray them with the wasp spray after they vanished. (dumb guy) He then told me that he has been bit before and they are terrible. He said that the bite was deadly to my kids. I wasn't really believing him. I know I had spiders, who doesn't. I then went inside and looked them up on line to see just what I was dealing with. I went back out to the guy and just then a spider came running out by the kids bikes. It was a good sized spider, but he made me think it was like the size of a triancula. I sprayed it down with wasp spray, because I had flip-flops on and he wouldn't step on it. It died and then he smashed it so I couldn't really get a good look at it. That night I told Adam about it, but he didn't seem to care that much, of course men don't care.
The next day I went to Walmart and got myself some home defense. I was outside spraying my house and looked in the window well to find this really weird web and inside was a spider. I sprayed away and it came running out up the wall. Then another come. I had them dying with the spray and ran to get my camera so that I could know if they were the Hobo spiders. I took pictures and had my awesome neighbor/friend, Myken, come and take a look. We were convinced they were Hobo spiders, which aren't deadly, but have a nasty bite. We then found another one and decided I needed the experts. I called a couple of places and one was outrageously priced and the other was a week out. I then found TNT and he came a few hours later. The spiders I found in the window well were, wolf spiders, who bite but it is nothing. He sprayed the inside of my house top and basement and the entire exterior including my shed. He said I will be spider free. He also let me know that he did indeed find one Hobo spider IN MY BASEMENT! YUCK! I then got on the yearly plan to have him spray every two months. I just hate spiders and it is worth it! The service is for spiders, wasps, ants, etc. He also gets rid of racoons, I wish I would have know that a few months ago. Anyway, if anyone else needs a great spider killer call me. I'll hook you up with TNT!
3 comments:
oh my gosh that is so disgusting! I hate spiders too. One time in our dungeon in Provo, (you remember the place), I was putting in my contacts and even with my blurry vision, I saw a spider moving on the floor. I finished putting in my contacts, but was so freaked out I had to call my upstairs neighbor to come kill it for me! Ryan was gone, and SHE (that's right, she) had served her mission in dominican republic and was used to them.
SO glad you got everything sprayed and taken care of. You'll be bug free for sure now!
Thanks again for having us over, it was so fun to see you and Adam and your cute kids. I am so excited to be living closer to you!
Hey JULES! I can't believe this spider story! YUCKY!! I am usually the one to kill them around my house but I couldn't do it if it were these big ones!
Jane looked SO cute on her first day of school.
Talk to you soon :).
Yuck. I absolutley hate spiders. If they are in the house, I usually put a cup over them until Chet gets home. I can't stand the feel of the spider squishing petween the paper towel, tissue, TP or whatever I can find the quickest. So I have reverted to cups. I am getting a little braver though. I have to. Ryker would probably tip the cup over and eat the spider or something.
Post a Comment