Well...I did it. I finally got rid of Calin's binky. I really didn'y know how or when I was going to do it, but the dentist helped me out with that. I took my kids to the dentist yesterday and they all did super good. When the dentist looked at Cal, he said that I needed to get rid of his binky soon. He said that not just his teeth are deforming, but his entire top jaw is all deformed and if I got rid of it now, he had a chance of his jaw going back to normal. He did tell me that orthodontics would fix the problem when he got older, but it would be lots of money and lots of trips to the dentist. I decided the $3 binky was worth getting rid of.
So, last night was the first night. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He whined for it and cried for it, but he gave up after awhile. He only woke up once in the early morning for it, and it took about 20 minutes and then he was back to sleep until 8:30 am. When he woke up he was very grouchy, but he snapped out of it. We praised him and now we are off to get him a PRIZE! I am hoping today and tonight go just as good. I heard the first night is the worst. We'll see! YAY CAL!
Side note: Ike had 0 cavities and Jane had 2. She was so sad and cried about it. She couldn't believe she had a cavity. Sweet thing!
So, last night was the first night. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He whined for it and cried for it, but he gave up after awhile. He only woke up once in the early morning for it, and it took about 20 minutes and then he was back to sleep until 8:30 am. When he woke up he was very grouchy, but he snapped out of it. We praised him and now we are off to get him a PRIZE! I am hoping today and tonight go just as good. I heard the first night is the worst. We'll see! YAY CAL!
Side note: Ike had 0 cavities and Jane had 2. She was so sad and cried about it. She couldn't believe she had a cavity. Sweet thing!
2 comments:
Way to go Cal! We are so proud of you. I should have gone cold turkey with Sadie, she still has it at nights...
Your new stick figure header is really cute. Good luck tomorrow with your Primary activity. I know it will go great.
Ty just asked me this morning what we should do about Hope's bink. I replied nothing:) Even if she is ready I am not.
Post a Comment