We had a family of raccoons in our chimney this last week. My mom came to stay with me for the week and she was up all night with the chattering and loud noises with the Raccoons. My sister and her family came to stay the next night and so we had to get them out. Nothing seemed to be working. It was quite the event in getting them out. Let's just say the mom and 5 babies are finally out and we have put something over the chimney so we won't have this problem again. I couldn't get any good pictures of the raccoons inside the chimney, but here are a few of Adam trying everything to get them out. We tried firecrackers to scare her out, loud noises, strong smells, poking, and prodding. But we got them out and that is all that matters!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Raccoons in the Chimney
We had a family of raccoons in our chimney this last week. My mom came to stay with me for the week and she was up all night with the chattering and loud noises with the Raccoons. My sister and her family came to stay the next night and so we had to get them out. Nothing seemed to be working. It was quite the event in getting them out. Let's just say the mom and 5 babies are finally out and we have put something over the chimney so we won't have this problem again. I couldn't get any good pictures of the raccoons inside the chimney, but here are a few of Adam trying everything to get them out. We tried firecrackers to scare her out, loud noises, strong smells, poking, and prodding. But we got them out and that is all that matters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Julie! This is Tiffany Kelly (Redmon). I was just blog snooping and saw you. It was so fun to catch up with you! Cute kids!! I was just remembering high school days.....I have a lot of memories with you singing with Mr. Poore and swing choir (did I spell that right it looks weird?) anyways, I just have a lot of fun memories with you. I used to love hanging out with Tina's friends. Good to catch up with you!
i'm surprised jane and ike didn't want to keep those little things as pets!
Didn't you have raccoons last year? How annoying!
Julie,
Love the naked pics!! The muddy looks like it was a lot of fun! See you this weekend.
Hilarious Julie. I seriously feel bad for the poor things but Myken keeps telling me that they are rodents, are they??? They just seem quite a bit cuter than a rodent. Crazy that you just had a family in there, WOW!!
Post a Comment